Upholding the Caparo name
• Customers and suppliers trust Caparo based on our capability and integrity - qualities that underpin our reputation.
• We seek to work with only those customers and suppliers who share our standards of legitimacy and integrity.
• We use all assets belonging to Caparo and to our customers and suppliers, including tangible and intellectual assets, in a manner both responsible and appropriate to the business.
• We offer only those services that we believe we can deliver.
• We meet our contractual obligations.
• We believe that leadership demands courage, vision and integrity.
• We achieve excellence through innovation, learning, agility and team work.
• We take pride in the diversity of our workforce and view it as a competitive advantage to be nurtured and expanded.
• We try to balance work and private life and help others to do the same.
• We invest in the continuing development of our skills and abilities to meet the needs of the business.
• We express support for fundamental human rights and avoid participating in business activities that abuse human rights.
• We act in a socially responsible manner, within the laws, customs and traditions of the countries in which we operate, and contribute in a responsible manner to the development of communities.
• We aspire to act in a manner that minimises the detrimental environmental impacts of our business operations.
• We encourage the support of charitable, educational and community service activities.
In the Workplace
• We disclose confidential information or personal data only when appropriate approval to do so has been obtained, and/or we are compelled to do so by legal or regulatory requirements.
• We use all assets belonging to Caparo and to our customers and suppliers, including tangible and intellectual assets, only for legal and authorised purposes.
• We aim to avoid conflicts of interest. Where potential conflicts are identified we discuss them with Senior Management to agree a framework for managing the potential conflict.
• We compete vigorously, engaging only in practices that are legal and ethical.
• When faced with difficult issues or issues that place Caparo at risk, we consult appropriate Caparo colleagues before taking action.
• It is unacceptable for us to receive or pay bribes, or to offer or receive any form of inducement as a means to derive any un-worthy advantage, either over our customers or suppliers.
• We respect the confidentiality and privacy of our customers and suppliers, our colleagues and others with whom we do business.
• We treat our colleagues, customers and suppliers and others with whom we do business with respect, dignity, fairness and courtesy.
• We respect the experience and opinions of our colleagues.
• We recognise the need to communicate at all levels of the business.
• We are committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from discrimination or harassment.
• We provide a safe working environment for our people.
Statement from Lord Paul
"When I started the group in 1968, with one small factory in Huntingdon, I had no idea what we would eventually achieve – it was the last thing on my mind! And so it remains today. The Caparo story is one of friendship and gratitude – and is forward-looking. We have demonstrated our belief in the manufacturing industry and we will continue to do so. Even in difficult times and adverse conditions, managers with skill and a belief in people will always be able to prosper. Caparo is more than a successful business enterprise – it is a story of people, of values and of human effort. Above all, it is a story of faith and family.
I have always believed that hard work and integrity far outweigh any short cuts to success. In Caparo it is these principles that bind the global Caparo team together".