Caparo Steel Tubes is a major player in the Indian market of welded precision tubes. The business manufactures and supplies both Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) and downstream Cold Drawn Welded tube to a variety of customers. Operating to the strict requirements of ISO9001 and TS16949, Caparo Tubes also has world class facilities, a fully equipped laboratory and a team of highly experienced quality conscious engineers.
The company supplies steel tubes to the automotive, cycles, power and heat exchange industries. It is also a specialist in the manufacture of shock absorbers, rack tubes, fuel fillers, exhaust system tubes and boiler quality tubes.
Caparo Tubes produces tubes from 19.05 mm to 100.6 mm outer diameter dimensions
INTEGRATED FACILITIES INCLUDE:
• Coil Slitting – 1,400 and 490 mm wide
• Coil rolling and annealing
• Tube rolling – 15.88 mm to 101 mm OD
and 0.9 to 6.35 mm thickness
• Tube annealing – 144 tonnes per day
• Tube drawing - 108 km/day
• On-line as well as off-line eddy current testing
• Hydro-testing – up to 2500 PSI.
PRODUCT TESTING FACILITIES:
• Spectrometer – Spectro
• Roughness Tester – Mitutoyo
• Universal Testing Machines
• Hardness Tester
• Metallurgical Microscope
• In-house calibration facilities.
VALUE ADDED SOLUTIONS:
• Induction Heat Treatment